Applying for Aid
The IRS Data Retrieval tool will be down for the remainder of the 2017-18 FAFSA season (10/1/2016 to 6/30/2017). To fill out a FAFSA, you can manually input your tax information. Remember, if you're filling out the 2017–18 FAFSA form, your 2015 tax information is required (not 2016).
- In order to receive financial aid through Missouri Valley College, you must apply for admission and be accepted. Once your application has been received, the Admissions Office will review your information and assess what type of institutional awards you qualify for.
- Additionally, in order to be eligible for federal and state air, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is available October 1st for the following school year. If you need assistance knowing when and which FAFSA to complete, feel free to contact our office. We recommend filing your FAFSA prior to our January 15th priority deadline to ensure that you are eligible for the maximum awards. Missouri residents must file the FAFSA before February 1st each year to be eligible to receive state aid.
- Missouri Valley's school code is 002489.
- Starting May 10, 2015, the FSA ID - a username and password - has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log into the FAFSA. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to fafsa.gov. Assistance on creating a FSA ID can be found by reviewing the following PDF. Both you and at least one parent will need a FSA ID, if you are a dependent student.
- You will receive the results of your FAFSA application typically by e-mail so make certain the email address you list on the application is valid and that you check it often. The report sent to you is called a Student Aid Report (SAR). Once received, be sure to review your SAR and confirm that the information provided was complete and accurate.
- If you included Missouri Valley’s school code on your FAFSA, we will also receive the information you provided on your FAFSA application. Our office will review the report and contact you if we discover any conflicting information, omissions, required updates or verification issues. Any additional information that is required will be requested by our office in the form of mailed correspondence. Be sure your address on file is accurate and keep an eye out for any additional information requests.
- The most common additional documentation requests are in reference to a process called verification. Approximately 30% of FAFSA applications are randomly selected for verification by the Department of Education. This process is used to verify the accuracy of the information provided on the FAFSA and the Financial Aid Office will contact you in order to request the required documents and provide further instruction.
- The FAFSA Central Processing System uses the information you provided in your FAFSA to determine your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is used in calculating your financial need. Your FAFSA information will provide us with the amount of federal and state grants you’re eligible for.
- Before receiving any type of award letter from the Financial Aid Office, you must first verify that the Admissions Office has received and reviewed all your required admissions documents. Once you have completed the admissions process, the Financial Aid Office will provide you with an official, electronic award letter. This award letter will include all scholarships, grants and loans that you have been awarded. You will want to login to your award letter in order to review, accept and sign the document. Once completed, the Financial Aid Office will be able to process your aid at the start of the term.
- Additionally, if you are planning to borrow a Stafford loan you will be required to complete further documentation as outlined in the loans portion of our website (and listed below).
- - Entrance Counseling
- - Master Promissory Note