Viking Payment Plans
MVC PAYMENT POLICY
Missouri Valley College offers the following payment methods for the payment of balances due on student accounts. Resident students and commuter students are required to pay a $250.00 non-refundable down payment each school year. The down payment is due by June 15th of each year.
- Yearly Payments – Due prior to the start of fall classes.
- Semester Payments- Due prior to the start of classes for each semester.
- Monthly Payments – 4 payments per semester. Fall payments are automatically withdrawn on the 15th or 30th of August, September, October, and November. Spring payments are automatically withdrawn on the 15th or 30th of January, February, March and April.
All students are required to have their balance paid in full or have a payment plan in place by the last day of the add/drop period. Students failing to comply with this requirement are subject to administrative withdrawal.
DECLINED/DELINQUENT PAYMENT POLICY
All payments are expected to be made on the dates specified by the payment plan. Declined payments must be paid current to the business office within 5 days of the returned payment. Students will be notified via MVC e-mail the day the declined payment notice is received. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure the payment is made within the 5 day period. Students will be charged a $30.00 fee for each payment that is returned by their bank, or if using a credit/debit card, a $30.00 fee will be charged if the payment declines for 5 consecutive days. Students failing to comply with the declined/delinquent payment policy are subject to administrative withdrawal.
Students with two or more declined payments during a semester are subject to being prohibited from having a payment plan for subsequent terms may and be required to make payment in full for the semester prior to the beginning of classes.
Guidelines for Payment Plans
- A payment will be deducted on an on-going basis until the student gives written notification of termination of this payment plan authorization to the Business Office or until the end date listed below.
- Debit/Credit card transactions resulting in declination of the card will be attempted again for 5 consecutive days. If not approved within 5 days, the student account will be subject to a $30.00 service charge and possible termination of the plan.
- Notifications of declined payment will be directed to the student via email.
- A returned ACH transaction will result in a $30.00 service charge to the student account. An additional $5.00 will be charged on an ACH transaction that is returned unauthorized. Two returned transactions may result in plan termination with payment due in full.
- There will be a $1.50 convenience fee for all ACH transactions (using routing and account numbers).
- When using credit or debit cards for payments, there will be a 2.5% convenience fee charged for each transaction (with a $2.00 minimum).
- Any changes to the payment plan must be made at least 5 days prior to the payment date. One change is allowed per semester. After that, a $20.00 fee per change is applied.
- Any unpaid balance after completion and/or termination of this payment plan is the responsibility of the student.
- Payment only accepted via credit/debit card or from a US bank account.