Instructors - Qualifications
Missouri Valley College strives to ensure a high quality education; therefore, instructors chosen to teach dual credit courses must meet the following qualifications:
- A graduate degree with a minimum of 18 hours in the field they will teach.
Basic Expectations of Instructors
- Provide the MVC Academic Affairs Office with a copy of your resume
- Provide the MVC Academic Affairs Office official transcripts verifying your higher education
- Sign and return two copies of your Dual Credit Instructor Contract to the MVC Academic Affairs Office, verifying your classes and course credit hours
- Use the MVC master syllabus template and common learning objectives for the course. Provide the Dual Credit Coordinator with an electronic copy of the course syllabus.
- Work with your high school's counselor or principal to help the students in your class complete the dual credit registration packet
- Verify class rosters
- Provide grades in a timely manner (i.e., mid-term and final grades)
- Administer student evaluations
- Complete and submit assessments (general education, program, other)
Instructors will receive the following compensation for teaching the dual credit classes:
- $20 per credit hour per student
- Faculty/Staff ID will be provided if requested by the instructor. The ID will allow the instructor access to the library, fine arts and athletic events for the academic year.